Roof installation needs expert attention. Only a professional roofing contractor knows what to do when. If your roof requires replacement , make sure that you follow the following list to get your new roof installed correctly:
- The first process while working on your roof is removing the old surface material.
- Next, we inspect the plywood for wet stains and mildew; if there are any, we will replace them immediately.
- Next step is to install the ice dam protection. Ice dam is a synthetic material that works as a barrier against water and improves draining.
- After installing the ice dam protection, new roofing paper (felt) is installed onto the entire surface of the roof.
Useful tip: Overlapping distance between each course has to be two inches to provide adequate leak protection.
- Following water and ice shield installation; shingle roofing is installed. Galvanized roofing nails are used at this time.
- Last but not least, it is important to remember to clean the working area around the house to ensure that our client can sit back and enjoy the new look of the home.
Receive quality service, professional results and save money with Total Roofing & Siding.